Kill all the fescue....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Jun 21, 2002.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Here are a few photos of a customers lawn. We killed the fescue and re-seeded with Lesco Sunstar Bermuda. The lawn was put in during the 2nd week of May, below are a few photos showing the progress.

Before...

boland side bef.jpg

2. KirbysLawn

After Round-Up and top soil...

boland side dirt.jpg

3. KirbysLawn

Today, mowed at 2" with the Super Z. The customer is very happy....and just got transfered to Denver, will be moving in July.:cry:

boland side after.jpg

4. Don't you hate that?

Now just hope you still get to maintain the lawn for the new owners.

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

In my experiences, it seems that every time a great client moves the new homeowner comes in with there shiny new craftsman 22 and scalps the hell out of the turf wich I have spent years on getting perfect! It just kills me as I watch the weeds start to invade and my perfect edge grow over the cement! :cry:

6. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

Hah, i heard that!

I spent a whole summer perfecting a bermuda lawn, i sprayed two times a month, eventually all weeds were gone, then the next summer the yard was never sprayed and the weeds came back:mad:

7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

out of curiousity, what are you spraying on lawn grassmaster?

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

so is that your preference now for the charlotte area. not real familar w this grass.thats mighty green for this area now.

9. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing wrong with the after pics but, I like the before pics better. Why did they want to switch and do you personally prefer it to fescue?

10. johnhenry

johnhenry LawnSite Senior Member

Great pics. The new bermuda looks great.The one thing about bermuda it will thrive this time of year with the humidity and a little care.