Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhere along the way to work today I managed to somehow clip a bird with the gate of my trailer. It stuck right to the metal. I saw something stuck to the gate, but I figured it was a leaf or piece of trash or something. When I went to unload at the first stop, low and behold it was a little black and yellow bird. I felt really bad. Never cought a bird with the trailer gate.

Here's the Link. Didn't want to post it, it's kinda weird.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I hope PETA doesn't see this....they'll want us to stop runnin mesh gates! LOL

I never did that, but I had a small (un-identified) bird fly out from the side of the road, and into the front of my truck once........ changing the air filter a few months later, it and the air box were full of feathers!

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
right now we are on a record of 2 weeks straight of hitting a bird every other day...its not like I am trying to hit them...at least I don't think that I am:D

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think you guys are just a bunch of bird haters. In fact if the truth be known.... you probably put birdseed on your trailers every morning just trying to lure some poor helpless bird to his death.

I wonder what is the bag limit on bird hunting with with an expanded metal tailgate.

I will most likely hit one myself tommorrow on the way to work.

P.S.----I bet it tastes like chicken:angel:

·
Banned
1,937 Posts
I think that's a finch.
Last year, a large hen turkey crossed the road in front of me. Hit the grill of my pickup, and broke it. Felt like a cannonball hitting the truck, glad she wasn't flying high enough to hit the windshield.
The meat was too bruised to eat. What a waste. :(
Crawdad

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
birds and trailers are no big deal.

dogs and trailers...now that's a big deal!

sometimes they don't notice the trailer after they quit chasing the truck...and then KA-BUMP!:angel:

GEO

·
Registered
49 Posts
Numerous birds, strangest was when one stuck to the truck antenna at 70 MPH. Several cats, a poodle, couple possums and an 8 point, 200+ pound field dressed deer.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Animals and vehicles moving at a rapid pace don't mix. At least this bird didn't do any damage to anything. Not a pretty sight to see first hand I am sure.

Gravely_Man

·
Registered
136 Posts
So if you were to run over someones dog.... would you stop or just keep going?

Some people are really close to there dogs..

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
i would always stop ,,but ive seen enough accidents caused by dogs or kids
making a quick move into the highway,,,that i slow to a crawl passing either.
by the way ,to the lco who hit the deere ... it sure was fortunate that he was already field dressed when u hit him..saved u a lotto work.
can they run just as fast that way. :D :D
pardon my attempt at humor.couldnt resist.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I shredded a fawn last summer. It ran right in front of my duallys (going 50 mph) What was left then spun down the side of the trailer, fender, and bumper on the back.
It looked like it went through a blender.
There wasn't even a piece big enough for a shish kabob!

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
Originally posted by mrbenfer
agreed. and those that are don't let their dogs chase trucks and trailers in the street.

GEO

·
Registered
791 Posts
You were aiming wern't ya. This mate of mine rocked up at my place on day and he had a little bird sticking head first out of his grill. Must have been one of the funniest things I have ever seen. If you Knew the guy you would understand better.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Originally posted by mrbenfer
So if you were to run over someones dog.... would you stop or just keep going?

But not as close to them as the truck and trailer huh?:cry:

·
Banned
37 Posts
AT the beach in July, this guy was crossing the road - 4 lane Ocean Blvd at Mrytle Beach, speed limit (crawl), anyway he walks between a city truck and the beach sweeper it was towing. Thank God his 9 year old son had more sense and stopped before he did it too. Big bloody mess, not too serious but he did break some bones. Poor kid was in shock, people were searching the beach for his mom, finally got her and they all went to the hospital. Darwin Award potential!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.