1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

King of Spades mulch forks

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by TruSomethingOrOther, Mar 30, 2014.

1. TruSomethingOrOther

TruSomethingOrOther LawnSite Member

Visited Russo Power Equipment in Hainesville, Illinois for the first time today. Totally missed the news it was auction day and what a traffic jam. I love this store though. Lots of stuff I can't get locally.

Looked at their King of Spades 8 and 10 tine pitch forks / mulch forks. Sweet Jesus are they built like a tank.Talk about investment, but would be the last pitch fork I'd need to buy. ($160 a piece)

Anyone use these? What's your opinion? My only concern would be the weight...think my 16 inch chain saw is lighter.

2. TruSomethingOrOther

Anyone use King of Spades mulch forks? Opinions?

3. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle LawnSite Senior Member

Post a link i have no idea what this fork isnallnabout

4. TruSomethingOrOther

http://mobile.kingofspadesonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=2928_2528&products_id=230113

5. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like a nice fork. Weight is everything to me with pitchfork and width.

6. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Jersey

An old thread & I had the same question. anyone use the King of spades Mulching fork?

hort101 and JLSLLC like this.
  7. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from S.E. New England

8. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Go to Home depot and purchase one for $35.00.

9. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Jersey

I just returned one $35 fork, that I bought in March 2016 ,that separated. The fork came out of the wood handle. They have a 15 year warranty. Usually Home Depot will exchange them with no hassle.

This time at the return desk, they had to call a sales associate on the phone to come look at it. Then we had to go back to the new ones and meet some manager. Then he had to cal the MOD to ask him what to do. They were saying that the warranty is the manufacturer's warranty, not Home Depot's, but after 15 minutes exchanged it.

This was one of the reasons I asked, because I thought their return policy might of changed. Normally I sail in & out with a replacement, if I have a receipt. And normally buy at Home Depot, because Lowes makes it tough to return things.

Does anyone know if Home Depot's return policy has changed? I have another fork that has the same issue, but that receipt was not in 2016 tax receipts.

10. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic