1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kohler 25 Blows Smoke

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by L.A.Lawns, May 20, 2007.

1. L.A.Lawns

L.A.Lawns LawnSite Member

I Have A Dixie Chopper With A 25 Kohler .208 Hrs.at 160 Hrs It Started To Sound Like It Had A Leak By The Muffler.come To Find Out It Was A Head Gasket.at 180 Hrs It Started Blowing Blueish White Smoke And Useing Oil.brought It In At 200 Hrs Turns Out It Was Another Head Gasket .get Home Put Another 3 Hrs On It And It Smokes Again . Anyone Else Had These Problems Or Maybe An Idea As To What Is Really Wrong . Thanks.

2. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

is the head warped or cracked? how are the valves seating (any gunk, damage)?

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you mite need to find a shop that can repair your unit properly the first time.

I stopped counting the number of head gaskets I've replaced and not one has came back blown.

4. L.A.Lawns

L.A.Lawns LawnSite Member

Sorry I Don't Know Much About The Heads .it Just Broke And I Brought It In .

5. brianpti

brianpti LawnSite Member

I was putting new head gasket on my kohler 25hp last nite, ready to tork bolts n one is stripped. one with the alignment insert grrrrr. u think thread restore kit stuff will be strong enough to fix?