Kohler 27 hp courage engine surges

Yaupon Farmer

LawnSite Member
Hello, Ken Beckham from Montgomery Texas. I am running a Bad Boy zt lightening 50" deck 48"cut. I'm on 2 acres and about 80% is turf.
The BB is a 2010 and have replaced spindles twice ,belt once, and plugs once. Other than that no problem until this week when the engine, 27hp Kohler Courage started surgeing. Sometime at low rpm, sometimes at operation/full throttle. Changed plugs, drained tanks,cleaned and added one gallon to each tank after blowing fuel lines. Air filter is good. Any ideas based on past experience or know someone who does.? I'm not a wrench type so hopeing it's not carb or some technical electrical type adjustment. It's been a good mower for the past ten years with regular mowing every week, about 2 hours, during the season and about half that unless it gets really cold.
I appreciate any input .
Thanks Ken--yaupon farmer\

SteveMeecanic

LawnSite Member
It has a plugged passage in the carb, take it apart and I use a torch cleaning probe to clean out all the little passages.

OP
Y

Yaupon Farmer

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the tips and advice. I replaced the fuel pump, flushed the fuel lines, took the carb off and ran wire through the jets, fuel bowl looked new. Starts and runs ok for now. btw I use Sea Foam in every engine I own except the tractor. Ken