1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kohler ch440 14hp compressor motor oil drain extension brass piece?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

We broke one on our motor for a 6mo old compressor.. Cant find this part even online or in manuals. IR says its a kohler part, no kohler manuals show anything besides the oil plug.. this is a brass 6" long extension from the oil drain plug hole screwed into the block with the plug at the end of that.

Its a hex sided shaped piece like a nut but 6" long. I dont need this exact part, but still need about a 6" extension to drain oil once a year. Thanks

2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Kohler uses 3/8" NPT pipe thread. You may want an automotive supply house---my local NAPA sells the brass pipe fittings and short nipples. If your drain pipe is in a postion where it can be broken off you should probably use a short hose instead. At one time there was a company that had the drain hose for such applications that were inaccessible. Drainzit seems a name that sticks in my head.

Once you remove the stub, take it to a shop that sells pipe and fittings---they should be able to fix you up.

3. ArenaLandscaping

ArenaLandscaping LawnSite Member

4. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Platinum Member

You can make your own drain hose set-up waay cheaper than $39.
    Get a 3/8 NPT X 3/8 hose barb to screw into the block, a length of 3/8 hose of your choice, a couple of mini-clamps and a 3/8 bolt to stuff in the end and clamp. Make sure the bolt has a long enough unthreaded portion as you will be cutting the threaded portion off and using the smooth section as a plug. use a file/grinder to put a slight bevel on the cut end. Works great!

5. VegetiveSteam

VegetiveSteam LawnSite Senior Member

6. VegetiveSteam

7. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

8. VegetiveSteam

9. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member