• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Kohler Oil

southside

LawnSite Senior Member
Which grade of oil is the best for my new<br>26hp efi Kohler? The Walker owners manual <br>says to use 10w30 grade,but the dealer says<br>to use 15w40 grade. The oil I use in all my<br>other motors is Castol RX Super 15w40,which <br>is a low ash diesel motor oil.Would this oil<br>be ok in my Kohler?<br>Any tips appreciated.<p>Karl<br>

Greenkeepers

LawnSite Senior Member
I just got a 18hp kohler command. The dealer said use 10w30. Not sure exactly sure if its the same for yours but just what they told us.

MOW ED

LawnSite Fanatic
I have the same little boy that u have and the Kohler manual as well as the MOW-Ed manual recommend a synthetic oil of 5W-20 or 5W-30 is acceptable up to 40f. I go with Mobil 1 and it kicks ass. Same in the Hydros just a bit thicker. And the gearbox gets synthetic after 50 hrs. Since there is no oil coolers in the rig the heat gets HHHott and the synthetic helps by not breaking down.<br>I love my new 26 now I gotta get some bigger stuff like you have, Good Luck.

Keith

LawnSite Platinum Member
I run Mobil 1 10-30 in my 25 Kohler. If reducing heat in air cooled engines is the name of the game, using synthetic can only help.

OP
S

southside

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks I'll look into the synthetic oil.<br>I beleive the 26hp has an oil cooler for the <br>motor,plus the hydros have fans on them.Is<br>that just AUST. specs or do you guys have that setup as well?<p>Karl<br>