Kohler question

Joel B.

LawnSite Senior Member
Richard,

Do you happen to have a part number for this kit? Sounds like a lot of people could benefit from it.

Joel B.

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by Joel B.
Richard,

Do you happen to have a part number for this kit? Sounds like a lot of people could benefit from it.
Yes I do. For the Kohler 25 the number is 24755135S. The 23 probably uses the same number but I would check on the 20.

Blessed 1

LawnSite Senior Member
20 hp Kohler on my 48" Lazer Z HP 290hrs and it too ticks loudly on occasion. My dealer says its common with Kohler's

Clark Landscaping

LawnSite Member
My Kohler 23 ticks intermittently as well, I have learned to ignore it, thanks for the info, good thread

Joel B.

LawnSite Senior Member
Originally posted by Richard Martin
Yes I do. For the Kohler 25 the number is 24755135S. The 23 probably uses the same number but I would check on the 20.
Thanks Richard,

What is included in the kit? What is done to the motor to fix the ticking problem?

Jman

LawnSite Member
The kit will fit all vertical shaft twin cylinder Kohler engines to fix the lifter noise that comes and goes. It is a rubber divertor that goes into the oil passage to re-route the oil so the air in the oil will not get into the lifter. The cover plate that comes in the kit also has a special relief cut to allow air to escape out of the oil. The noise is actually caused by air getting into the #1 cylinder intake lifter then it can collapse.

OP
pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap

LawnSite Bronze Member
The kit will fit all vertical shaft twin cylinder Kohler engines to fix the lifter noise that comes and goes. It is a rubber divertor that goes into the oil passage to re-route the oil so the air in the oil will not get into the lifter. The cover plate that comes in the kit also has a special relief cut to allow air to escape out of the oil. The noise is actually caused by air getting into the #1 cylinder intake lifter then it can collapse.
What is involved in installing this kit. How far does the engine have to be taken down. Also how expensive is it.