1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Korean crab tree??

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JimmyStew, Jul 3, 2008.

1. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

Talking to a client today who was trying to describe a tree that he has seen at a friends house in Mass. Says it is a "decent sized tree" which I have narrowed down to be maybe 20 - 25' tall? with green leaves and a white flower that sits on top of the leaves. He called his friend and asked what it was and the reply was "I was told it is a Korean crab tree". I can't really picture what this might be. The client I was talking to is aware of what a typical flowering crab is and doesn't seem to think this was it. His description reminded me of a flowering dogwood but he claims it was not this. Anyone have any suggestions as to what he may be referring to?

2. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a Korean Dogwood.

3. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

Dogwood would have been my first thought too.

4. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

See what happens when you get on lawnsite after a few drinks. Sorry guys it Chinese Dogwood [Kousa]