1. Ask the Expert: Live Event with Koch - What's In The Bag?: March 22, 2018
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental: March 22, 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota Kommander any good?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by NWP Lawn Care, Mar 7, 2018.

1. NWP Lawn Care

NWP Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hi guys I'm looking into buying a new ztr this spring and I'm thinking about getting a 48" Kommander it msrps for about 6k with the bagger an everything id want. I tried searching on here about these mowers an couldn't find much. Are they any good? I know its not technically a commercial mower but would be a big upgrade from the john deere lt166 I'm running now. Also to add the kubota dealer here seems very good my grandfather has done a lot of business with them and its the closest dealer to me.
  2. mmelton005

mmelton005 LawnSite Member

I purchased on in 2016 and so far I like it for my needs. I am a homeowner with a little over an acre. The only thing I dislike about this mower is, the front center anti-scalp wheel really needs a 2 or 3 wheel setup instead of the single wheel. I am very easy on my mower and the bracket is already bend. It doesn't seem to affect the cut quality but ugly to look at. I've got close to 200 hours on it. I've also added a DIY big league striper.

IMG_0896 (2).JPG
    hort101 and NWP Lawn Care like this.
  3. NWP Lawn Care

NWP Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I always have trouble with those wheels I've had to weld it back onto my john deere haha. good to know you like it I'm easy on my equipment but i put on roughly 300hrs in a summer. I would like to go to a commercial ztr but I think the kommander will do ok.
  4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

My 17 year old grandson, bought one a year and a half or so back. He wanted to expand his neighborhood lawn business. It has never had one issue that I know of in 2 seasons of use. I looked at it before he made the purchase, and thought it looked like a lot of mower for the price. I think he has about 250 hours on it right now. Like most anything with the Kubota name, it is well thought out and well built.
  5. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Theres a reason Kubota equipment is expensive, once you own some you will know why!
  6. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

If the wheel is a single wide roller, why not just cut it in half? Then you'll have a split roller