KUBOTA vs DEERE vs ???

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by ztman, Jul 31, 2018.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

If you had a loader, it would pull the box blade a lot better. If you need more traction, then you can fill the loader bucket with dirt for more weight.

Mdirrigation likes this.
  2. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Something you can do with the box blade is not only adjust the top link, but also one of the links adjust up and down so you can cut a ditch or repitch a driveway.

ztman likes this.
  3. Brandon Gossvener

Brandon Gossvener LawnSite Member

Dont waste your time with a box blade. Get a land plainer. Much easier to maintain roads walkways etc. box blades pull too much materials at a time. You can always use a loader. I would suggest a quick attach loader because I wont own a tractor without a loader haha.
    I run all john deere equipment and have had hreat results. My deere 6105 has quick attack loader. You can take off/on in five minutes or less.

154B9343-5411-458A-977E-6A6BC343DACD.jpeg

4. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a big boy tractor Brandon. Little Kubota exceeded my expectations so far. Box blade is working well because it does move so much material. Need to grade down the banks and fill in the ruts. When the trails get in good enough shape I see a land plane as a future purchase.

About 25 hours in the seat so far and am having a ball.

5. Brandon Gossvener

Brandon Gossvener LawnSite Member

Ive run tractors for 30 plus years. Box blade has its purpose but ive been impressed with the plain. Would be a wise investment. I maintain 3.5 miles of gravel roads in my neighborhood and it works great.

Yep its a big boy tractor!!!

6. AlohaMowing

AlohaMowing LawnSite Member

I have a 15 year old Kubota B7800. It has been a great tool and has paid for itself many times over. The box scraper certainly has its limitations, I mainly use it for excavating rather than landscaping. Between the box scraper, sub-frame mounted backhoe, and front end loader, over the years I have been able to do all the excavating for 5 buildings, a septic tank and leach field, and underground 15,000 gallon water tank.

I encourage everyone with a tractor to have a front end loader with a tooth bar, preferably the EZ toothbar from H&H Sales. It turns the loader into a digger, and is really nice for being able to snag loose brush and debris like a pitch fork to lift and move it. That is one of the two most cost-effective additions to my tractor. The other is a pair of chain hooks welded to the front end loader. It seems that I am constantly using those, whether it is to uproot weed trees or t-posts with a chain, to pull the Turf Tiger with a chain after it has slid against a fence or tree, or as an anchor for a come-along to stretch fencing.

Mdirrigation likes this.