1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kubota ZD 21 60" vs Exmark Lazer Z 60" Kawasaki 25HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rlf, Apr 2, 2002.

1. rlf

rlf LawnSite Member
    from 36116

I am buying my first ZTR. I have gotten a price on the Kubota ZD 21 60 of $8900. The Exmark Laser Z 60 25HP Kawasaki is $7200. Which is the better deal? Is the diesel worth the additional $1700? Thanks for the help.

2. toroboy

toroboy LawnSite Member

i would go with the exmark mower , ithink they cut better and r more reliable it really depends on how many lawns you have if u have a whole lot it might be better to go with the diseal becasue u will save money on gas ,but i think the exmark u will have less mechanical problems.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I would say, go with the Lazer. Its a proven design, and dealers abound. Plus, like I said before, 21hp Diesel is not enough for a 60" deck (IMHO).

You will save a lot of money in GAS with the Kubota!

You will save a lot of money in DIESEL with the Lazer!
    :D

4. Tim Baden

Tim Baden LawnSite Member

Go with exmark they are the best,and
    remember anybody can fix a gas engine.Then you have the diesel fumes all the time.Good luck in whatever you chose.

5. kbcjlc

kbcjlc LawnSite Member

Go with Exmark and you may want to add eXmark E-Z Striping Kit later on.

Keith

6. Foz

Foz LawnSite Member

:confused: a 21 HP Kubota diesel not enough to run a 60" deck???? it is nearly equivalent to a 30 HP gas engine. I have a 22HP kubota diesel with 60" deck that can cut through 6" of wet grass at 1/3 speed, try it first, exmark is good machine but diesel is worth the $$, just my opinion

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I have run Grasshopper 60" mowers with the Kubota 21HP diesel and I feel like they are underpowered in heavy mowing conditions. Kubota is coming out with a bigger diesel for their ZTR's. I think it may be the 28HP engine that Grasshopper is using. THe 28 has plenty of power,as I have one on my Grasshopper 428D with a 72" deck.:)

8. Yard

Yard LawnSite Member

rlf,
    Wow. Are those prices for new machines? $7200 for a 60" Lazer is a great price.

Where are you located?

Good luck with your purchase.

9. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I also would go with the Exmark like someone pointed out a proven design!

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

eXmark :blob4: eXmark :blob4: eXmark