• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Kubota's nrw 6.5" deep deck

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Has anybody cut with it ????????????? I can take it straight-----:)

wolf man

LawnSite Member
Demoed One 2 Weeks Ago, Cut Was Ok, Main Dislike Was How High The Operator Sits And How Hard It Is To See The Deck, Very Little Visibility On Trim Side And Deck Is Directly Under Operator

OP
John Gamba

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Demoed One 2 Weeks Ago, Cut Was Ok, Main Dislike Was How High The Operator Sits And How Hard It Is To See The Deck, Very Little Visibility On Trim Side And Deck Is Directly Under Operator

Thanks wolf man. i thought it would of been better new's then that:)

F.O.S.

LawnSite Member
My dealer carries kubota mowers and says they make excellent boat anchors. He won't even sell them to commercial clients. He said that nearly every mower they sold over the past couple years had to come in for major repairs, mostly hydro work. Although the 2007 lineup is suppose to have addressed many of the problems they had in the past, why be the guinea pig?

OP
John Gamba

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
. Although the 2007 lineup is suppose to have addressed many of the problems they had in the past, why be the guinea pig?

Why? 6.5" deep deck,18500 Bts and what appears to be a good looking Mulch kit.

Let me see something:) 28 Hp Kubota Diesel.

This is sad new's for me:cry: i had high hopes for this one.

J&R Landscaping

LawnSite Fanatic
I was set-up to demo a new one in the next few weeks but the dealer called me back and said that I would have to pay $89 a day to run it. I said well forget it, I will go to another dealer then. I might buy it if it cuts nice and all that but I'm not interested in renting it for the day, I can run my own machines and save the money.

OP
John Gamba

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
I was set-up to demo a new one in the next few weeks but the dealer called me back and said that I would have to pay $89 a day to run it. I said well forget it, I will go to another dealer then. I might buy it if it cuts nice and all that but I'm not interested in renting it for the day, I can run my own machines and save the money.

What if you find out if it cuts faster then what you have now for 89 bucks??

razor1

LawnSite Bronze Member
My dealer carries kubota mowers and says they make excellent boat anchors. He won't even sell them to commercial clients. He said that nearly every mower they sold over the past couple years had to come in for major repairs, mostly hydro work. Although the 2007 lineup is suppose to have addressed many of the problems they had in the past, why be the guinea pig?

I must agree. My ZD 21 had a bad trans. They did fix it under warranty, but who needs the headache. I'll wait a couple of years and see if Kubota gets it right. :nono: