Kuma01's pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KUMA01, May 7, 2018.

1. KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Senior Member

So a little bit about myself I started landscaping when I was 12 years old now I'm 17 2018 was either make or break for me well I made it after do ing exstensive research on lawnsite and taking business classes at school over the winter and lots of marketing I have gotten my business to its max as a one man show.i have come a long ways in knowledge and here is my success story with some pictures. I have added on services I never have offered that has made me tremendous amounts of money I went legit this year and now have a business license. And am working on insurence I bought my first truck and ordered a custom second mowing trailer. I have done a ton of networking to the point where one landscape company gives me all there to small jobs they turn away. This truly is a blessing.

Mownmachine144 and hort101 like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

First picture is the first tools I ever bought when I was 12 years old the second is when I was 14 years old after two year of busting my butt I gained that setup the next set of pictures is some before and after landscape installs

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mownmachine144, RussellB and hort101 like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

Here is a few hardscapes that I did it was my first attempt at them when I was 16 years old I was extremely excited that I got these jobs it was definatly a learning experience on both of them.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mownmachine144 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

Here are some before and after pictures from a tree job and a fall leaf cleanup that I did

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

5. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

First picture is my truck ! It's a 2012 Toyota tundra I bought it with 73k miles on it 8 ft bed 4 door cab the second is a kabota bx2370 diesel tractor with pto and a trac vac combo at an estate sale this winter for only 4000 dollars It was a steal it had 453 hours on it my plans are to take the deck off until I need it for the trac vac and you can get all kinds of attachments for it i.e box blade areator, harly rake, small bush hog... To broaden my services the main reason I bought it was for snow plowing I'm tired of shoveling driveways by hand and carrying heavy bags of salt all over the neighborhoods ( my parents don't want me driving in the snow) so I'm ordering a blade for it and getting a smaller trailer for it to haul my salt and other hand tools. The next couple of pictures are just some work over the course if last year . The log there is a 36 " in diameter oak that I sawed up for firewood. I talked about networking in my first post well I became good friends with a lot clearer I helped him out over the winter he needed a worker so I did it but in return he gives me all the firewood I can split. all oak pecan hickory you name it it's mine for as long as I want I was already selling small amounts of firewood before but this season 2018 alone I have already sold 23 cords of wood for the up and coming winter so I was busy all winter splitting firewood and stacking it:) next picture is the before of a pond on a commercial property the lot clearer has that he needs to maintain I have never seen anything like it he had a bush hog mounted on a mini excavator boom and did the whole thing pretty quick and the rest I did with a weedeater and brush blade( I'll try to find the video later) next picture is my saw collection I am really proud of it. I have picked these pieces up off criagslist as a set it includes a 044 magnum a 038 magnum a 019t top handle saw and the Mac daddy of them a a 088 magnum all,stihl the only way to go with chainsaws. The last picture me out delivering firewood this winter.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

chrissyboy and hort101 like this.
  6. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Keep up the good work, nice pics

ltdlawn, sjessen, chrissyboy and 2 others like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

Well this summer I have an internship at a landscape company in our area it is pretty cool last week I was on the hardscape crew helping them out 2 weeks ago I was on the landscaping crew this week I'll be on the grass crew and next week I'll be doing irrigation. It's a month long program and it has opened my eyes on many things I have gain a lot of knowledge doing this I think every person starting out should do something like this

hort101, sjessen and JLSLLC like this.
  8. Grassfire205

Grassfire205 LawnSite Senior Member

Thats awesome! If more young people had half the drive you had to get out and work or do something productive for society this country would be a vetter place! Keep up the good work and don't give up! Don't hesitate to hire another young person either. We need more young people out working and not looking for handouts or feeling like they are owed something!

hort101, Film and KUMA01 like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

Well I now have two trucks I bought a gmc 1996 with a Diesel engine for $4500 clean with 115k miles on it. It was too good of a deal to pass up I still have the Toyota but I'll use that more as a personal truck or when I'm hauling the dump trailer or box trailer.

image.jpg

10. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

Latest project I did the patio and seating area along with the stone edging and the mulch and strubs I'll be back in the spring to put some perinials in

image.jpg