Kuma01's pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KUMA01, May 7, 2018.

1. Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Silver Member

So what is your plan when you finish high school? Keep the business going while you go to college or grow the business full time?

JLSLLC likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to the apprentice school and get my trade in electrical so I have something to fall back on. But the plan is to grow it to be full time.

hort101 likes this.
  3. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

You will have plenty of work if you get into electrical. In my area electrical and plumbing guys are always booming!

hort101 and KUMA01 like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

A little update. Paid for this bad boy right here!!!! I have a few bigger tree jobs to do this winter and I'll buy a snow plow for it as well. The main reason I bought it is bc this winter I have a guy that is giving me a bunch of snow plowing in small parking lots and stuff. And I sold off all my mowing contracts and now I'm just doing landscaping, hardscaping. It's my senior year right now and I have landed a couple big landscape and hardscape projects. and I have been contacted by a home builder who wants me to do the landscaping and the final grading in the new homes they are building!!! Pretty excited for the new year and a new business plan this spring I plan in buying a new cheverolet 2500 series and a b-wise dump trailer.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wye Oak Tree, NLPS and hort101 like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

Here is a update I'm half way through my senior year of high school:cool2: And I went all out for 2019 I have 2 classes second semester and now I have a lot more free time. I have secured around 50k in commercial contracts for 2019! Iam really excited to take my business to the next level!

hort101, Doc8406, S-205 and 1 other person like this.
  6. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Good for you my friend, keep posting updates as they happen. How did you decide on the Vermeer?

I started in high school as well, a business is definitely not the worst thing to distract you.

hort101 and KUMA01 like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

Vermeer is big in our area and there are multiple dealers as well all within a hour drive being the farthest. I did a demo on the vermeer for one of my paver jobs with that exact model and at my internship this year the company had ditch witch and toro and the hydros seemed weak to me they both had less than 500 hrs on both machines. So it's not like they are worn out. The choice was clear in my opinion.

hort101 and S-205 like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

A few pictures of vermeer offloading a pallet of salt( had to put half the salt on another pallet) and I just installed a light bar for it for snow plowing sidewalks and stuff! Going to be a great year!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Deererunner and hort101 like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

Here it is boys my new kubota U35-4 mini excavator I have one massive hardscaping project coming up in May and June I'm estimating 3-4 weeks to get it finished. it's an new mansion being built and the deadline for the project is June 20 they are having a large party with corpate people and all for the Fourth of July. I'm really excited for this coming season. The main reason I bought it was because of grading for the home builder but it worked out that I have it for this job coming up.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

10. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

Picked up a new trailer as well just a light duty one to move mulch and plants and stuff around its a 12 footer and the last picture is two estates next to each other the leaf accumulation this fall it took 3 days combined with four backpack blowers a push blower and my kubota tractor with the trac vac to finish it off there is probably close to 70 yds of leaves in the pile luckily I didn't have to haul them off!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

hort101, Greencuts518 and JMK26 like this.