• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Kushlan Concrete Landscape Border Kit

OP
K

kdlklm

LawnSite Member
in my area, to have a guy come in with the curb machine, is about $9 a foot. And I'm looking at about 1000 feet.

General Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
in my area, to have a guy come in with the curb machine, is about $9 a foot. And I'm looking at about 1000 feet.
Looks like you might have enough footage to justify buying your own machine..... then turning around and putting it to work.

Just another route to think about.

I'd be happy all over myself to get $9/ft. Is that for plain concrete, no color/stamps?

ChampionLS

LawnSite Bronze Member
I think it would be good for small jobs. Concrete sets up quick enough to remove the forms and do two pours a day. Like I said..not for production work, but for that small custom landscape job where you want options.

OP
K

kdlklm

LawnSite Member
you would use concrete with the same consistency as a curbing machines, after you lay down the concrete you remove the form right away. And move on from there. I don't plan on doing it all at once, I don't even care if it takes two or three summers. It's just for personal use.

General Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
If you are using a mix that dry with out the compaction of a machine, do a few and let them get a full cure (30 days). Give 'em hell with the mower, edger, and trimmer to see if they are strong enough, you may want to hit 'em with a pressure washer to simulate weathering as well.

The scrap material from a job is not very tough or attractive stuff, but the finished product that has been compacted and trowled is great.