Lawn Care Forum banner

Kwasaki oil drain extension

7K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  frotis 
#1 ·
Anyone have a part number and or source for the approx. 5" extension for the oil drain tube? Mine is on a 25hp vertical on a Bobcat. Its not a Bobcat part. Its also not pipe thread like a Kohler motor.

#2 ·
If your drain plug is 12mm X 1.5 thread you can get Kohler #63 755 10-S, This adapter changes the metric thread in the block to 3/8 pipe thread.

#3 ·
59071-7018 is probably the one you want. I would need the actual engine model/type number to make sure. 670D2016 is the o-rings that seal everything.

There is also an adapter that you could get that would go into the block with one of those O-rings and the other end of it is pipe thread. That is part number 59071-7004. Then you could plumb in whatever pipe you want for a drain if you dont like the plastic Kawasaki tube.

#4 ·
Thanks. The specific motor is an FH721v S26 on a Bobcat ZTR though I have 4 with various FH721s on them. I am thinking this was a replacement motor and they did not transfer it, because the other ones have it and the hole is present for the drain. Its an o-ring type.

I have got all the motors set up with the later style canister air filter and of course they run the same plugs etc so if I could get this it would make servicing easier and cleaner on this unit.

It popped back into my mind because I just did a motor swap on another unit and had to swap this piece to the new motor. I like to address these things over the winter.

#7 ·
MV7300 PneumatiVac
(Replaces 07300)
Operates on compressed air to create a powerful venturi vacuum for draining fluids from tanks and reservoirs. Compressed air hose attaches at base for stability. Includes accessories for draining engine oil or transmission fluid directly through the dipstick tubes. :waving::waving::waving:

White Gas Composite material Cable Tool

#8 ·
Pugs do you know what the thread size is on the Kawasaki adapter 59071-7004, the one that takes an o-ring.

I assume the female side is 3/8" NPT, what size is the male side.
No idea. Its some special thread I assume and uses the O-ring for sealing not the thread. The adapter goes to pipe. Not sure what size but 3/8" sounds good I guess LOL. Not sure what you would want the Male thread for, but I doubt you will find much for it other than Kawasaki plastic extensions, adapters and plugs.

#9 ·
MV7300 PneumatiVac
(Replaces 07300)
Operates on compressed air to create a powerful venturi vacuum for draining fluids from tanks and reservoirs. Compressed air hose attaches at base for stability. Includes accessories for draining engine oil or transmission fluid directly through the dipstick tubes. :waving::waving::waving:
Yah its nice. We use it on some of the small engines that have no good way to drain them. But whenever we can, we drain them from the side/bottom. You will generally get more out and get any stuff that has collected at the bottom out as well.

#10 · (Edited)
No idea. Its some special thread I assume and uses the O-ring for sealing not the thread. The adapter goes to pipe. Not sure what size but 3/8" sounds good I guess LOL. Not sure what you would want the Male thread for, but I doubt you will find much for it other than Kawasaki plastic extensions, adapters and plugs.
I was curious what the male thread size was, I think its 20M x 2.5

Because I was going to put a shutoff valve or a drainzit hose on without having to use the adapter.

Drainzit makes a 20M but i think its may be 1.5 not 2.5

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.