Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in Louisiana take your pesticide exam yeT?
Just wondering. I got study material about 2 months ago and hope to take the test before spring gets here. Should have alot of study time this winter.

· Registered
6 Posts
New to the business, but am very interested in getting my license. Who, What & Where do I have to go to get information on getting started. I would appreciate any response on getting on the right track. Thanks

· Registered
49 Posts
:) hello custom cuts,
if you are wanting to get your spray license (chemical spray license) you have to go through, lsuagcenter for study manuals (pm me for names and phone#)
test at ladeptag&for. other licenses you may be wanting some one else maybe can help you with. good luck

· Registered
49 Posts
hello Custom Cuts
You will be calling Dr. Mary Grodner's office. The telephone # is 225-318-2364, for test booklets. Tell them where you live and they will tell you where to call to set up time and place for test.
If you let them know what tests you want to take they will send you the correct booklets. The last ones I got were $5 each. They will also let you know how much the tests are to take. If you are doing turf and ornamental, my advice is really study the thin booklet, it almost caught me.

· Registered
49 Posts
Custom Cuts
I forgot you already had the books. You call LDAG&FOR for test places. the only place i know to do that is in Baton Rouge. They are on Florida Blvd. They have a web site, Louisiana Department Agriculture and Forestry. They have a page for pesticide applicators, I believe the pnone number is there. Look it up and call them, they will set you right up with a time to come in. You go in the front door at their building and their office will be on your left. that's where you take that test. GOOD LUCK

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CustomCuts this may help out http://www.lsuagcenter.com/nav/publications/pesticide_training.asp

cantspranomo, I think I'm straight on the books but have yet to schedule a test. Still have more studying. Spent the end of winter and beginning of spring taking a course in landscape design and gardening. By "the thin booklet" do you mean the one titled Ornamental and Turf Pest Control?

· Registered
49 Posts
hi Jason
yes that is the book i mean. I studied really hard the other two. I thought I knew the ornamental stuff from experienc and practical knowledge. not well enough, the way they word the questions.. of course, I'm not too good at test time.:confused: ...anyway I later found out I did as good as if not better than college graduates with degrees in turf management...On my first and only time. of course i passed. when you're my age and have been out of school a little while. yes that's enough info on that subject::rolleyes:
Good idea taking that course. it can only help. good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.