Ladder type for Christmas lights

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by _Cameron_, Oct 16, 2019.

1. _Cameron_

_Cameron_ LawnSite Member

So I use 2 aluminum multiladders that extend to 22' and other small ladders/stools but my main concern is the extension ladder. Ive always rented a 32' Fiberglass ladder for a week to do all the large installs but its heavy and i'd thought the 32' aluminum might be a better option plus I can add some attachments so I'm not setting the edge of the ladder on the roof. My concern is it may be less stable since its lighter.

Anyone have some advice to up my ladder game this year?
    Its entirely residential at this point and a lift doesn't work for 80-90% of the homes or thats what id rent for a week.

Also is an OSHA class a good idea at this point?

2. Tuff Turff

Tuff Turff LawnSite Member

I use a 24' and 40' aluminum ladders a 6' step and a 12' multi-way ladder.
    mostly i use the 24' and 12' as most of my accounts are flat roof commercial.

3. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

32' aluminum is still a beast, but you gotta watch out by the high voltage lines coming into the house. I painted for 16 years on aluminum ladders and depending on your weight they are fine.

4. OP
    OP
    _Cameron_

I have about 4 that need the 32’ and most I could get by with a 28’ or lower. No way I’m getting on a 40’ ladder, you must have nerves of steel.

5. OP
    OP
    _Cameron_

I’m light, I’m more scared it will blow over. You recommend using the attachments to keep it off thhouse by a foot?

Thanks never thought about electric running into houses. I generally just do the fronts and so I dont have to worry about sides or back to much.

6. Greencuts518

Yes extension arms is the only way I go, unless they wont fit in certain areas

7. OP
    OP
    _Cameron_

Thanks, any certain ones you recommend buying or are the ones at Lowe’s good?

8. Greencuts518

I had lowes quick release stabilizers

Cam15 likes this.