1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Land Rollers

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Countryside, Mar 20, 2003.

  1. Countryside

    Countryside LawnSite Member
    Messages: 12

    Our company is looking for a land roller that is towed behind a tractor. So far we are having trouble finding one. The width we are looking for is either 5 or 6 feet. They have to be steel and not poly. We will be pulling the roller with a B1700 Kubota tractor. Does anyone know of any manufatures of these rollers. Thank you for your help.

    Countryside Landscape Services Inc.
    Western Ma.
  2. GreginAlaska

    GreginAlaska Banned
    Messages: 829

    Try this link


    They have a 60 inch wide metal roller that you put 40 gallons of water in. You can get tow behind or 3 point hitch. I thought about buying one but had a welder freind make on instead.
  3. worthbrown

    worthbrown LawnSite Member
    Messages: 69

    I have a sod farm, and to roll the sod, I had one made. I got a used 500 gallon propane tank and put a shaft thru the middle with large bearings on each end. I added a frame with hitch to hook up to tractor. It can be used empty, or filled with water. I paid a welder since this had to be pretty exact welding. For tank, all metal, and welding labor, $800. The unit is about 10 ft wide, and flattens and 8 ft section. May be too big for what you are looking for, but does a great job.
  4. Countryside

    Countryside LawnSite Member
    Messages: 12

    thank you both for the information. We will look into both options.

    Countryside Landscape Services Inc.
    Williamstown Ma. 01267

Share This Page