1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Land survey website

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GElawn, Dec 18, 2007.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

For installs, I'd agree that measuring from a satellite image or similar would be a recipe for catastrophe.

For maintenance, I'd expect it to be within a margin of error, provided at least one thing was measured on-site for reference like a building, etc..

But if there is a lot of tree canopy, etc., even that could be a recipe for problems.

But it works great for gutter cleaning companies - I know someone doing great in business and providing accurate estimates with satellite images to see the roof lines and gutters.

2. John Zaprala

John Zaprala LawnSite Senior Member

When i do sod estimates I section off the property into rectangles and do the average width, works fine for me... and i know this has been said before, but there is value to being more personal with your clients.