1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Landscape Border Question

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SDNCLAWNCARE, Jun 15, 2006.

1. SDNCLAWNCARE

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

New to the business and this may be a stupid question, but how do you lay out a "light" landscape plan without using any type of border? No bricks or stones, etc. I want the mulch to slope from the house to the grass with some sort of trench to separete the two. Any idea's? I see this all the time.

Thanks

2. SDNCLAWNCARE

Someone knows this I hope:help:

3. jmartin

jmartin LawnSite Member

One of the easiest ways I've found to do that is to use a flat blade shovel and just "trim" the edges using the shovel. You can also use a shovel to make the "trench" you were talking about, but you wo't need to if you just leave a small space between the mulch and grass areas. The mulch will eventually settle a bit and you'll see the diference.

An edger is more convenient and can be rented if it's a large space your talking about. Hope this helps!:)

4. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

Get a Bed Edger and trench out the front of the bed, add the mulch and you are done.

5. SDNCLAWNCARE

Thanks for the info.. Sounds easy enough, learn something new everyday.