1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Landscape box for trailer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Apr 16, 2008.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I decided to build a landscape box for my 5x10 trailer to save space. I am making it tall enough for my 21" or a later on WB to fit under it. I am wanting to keep gas cans, sprayers, trimmer line, and some hand tools in it to clear up floor space. I will also hang my hand tool and blower off the sides of it.
    What are some things you look for in a landscape box? I dont know if I should have the top open, the outside open, or the inside open. Any input is welcome!

2. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

your talking about a cage over the front of your trailer like 25 30 inchs off the deck. just make it so you can lock it.

3. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

yes that is what im talking about. Should I build it based on measurements of my gas tanks and sprayers or is there a universal size that trailer companys make these things?

4. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

i Bought a Box from tractor supply well actually my buddy had it and i got it for 15 bucks and just screwd it tou the tounge of my trailer. if i was you id just build a rack and bolt one of those to that. then it locks and your good to go.

5. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a 5x10 trailer, Tractor supply sells a cage for about $100. If that is the size you need I would buy that one. I am guessing your supplies would cost about the same if you are building it yourself.

6. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

is this on the website? i looked and couldnt find it

7. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

On the website it is actually attached to the 5X10 trailer that they sell as an option. I don't think you can purchase it from the website. When I checked into buying one you had to order it from the store or their catalog. But I just looked and don't see the image on-line anymore.

8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Carry on makes the box Tractor Supply sells. I made my own, if I remember I get a pic of mine. Its not on the trailer yet

9. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

24" x 24" X your trailer width

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Why not buy a locking tool chest from TSC...they have them for about $300. They lock, they have a lid and they keep the rain off of your stuff. If I can get some time this weekend this is what I am going to use on my 5x10. I will send pictures if I get the frame welded up and the box attached. Since I use the Stihl Kombi all of my attachments and my 2 powerheads will fit into one box.