1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

Landscape design software

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Kiek, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Kiek

Kiek LawnSite Member
    from Omaha

What are you guys using for landscape design software? Or do you guys hire a designer? Or design yourself? I'm looking at expanding into this platform as I've been little jobs already and really enjoy it and money is good here.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  2. Mac-s Lawn & Snow

Mac-s Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

If you are just getting into it start looking fora designer. This will help you learn plants and other design aspects. You might find one that can set you up with some work too. One you learn the basics and what works for your area, do your own designs. I never used any CAD software, just a glass table with square edges, some drafting triangle's and curve/shrub template. Outline the house on a piece of graph paper and trace it to a 11 x 17 piece of paper using a light under the glass table. Learned that from a designer.

3. OP
    OP
    Kiek

Kiek LawnSite Member
    from Omaha

Thank you for your response. How did you go about finding a designer?

4. Mac-s Lawn & Snow

Mac-s Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Never had one, my first 5 years I was a landscape foreman for other companies and learned what I needed there. Try looking for one at larger nurseries. Find out where the designers get their schooling in your area. Google Landscape design Omaha and start learning the players.