1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Landscape helpers? How Much?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HighGrass, Sep 11, 2004.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

What do you guys charge your customers per man for labor? I talked to someone in my area and he claims 45.00 per man hour for labor alone!

2. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually get around 60 for maintenance and 80 for landscaping.

Depending on your experience and background you can charge more :)

I use to charge 45-50, but I dont do that anymore. I charge 60 now and its been working..

:rolleyes: payup :rolleyes: :waving:

3. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

In CT $35.00 per man hour is definitely a minimum for a landscape company. Most companies are $50.00 per man hour or more.

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

$50 for me and $25 for each addition guy. Today I had two helpers. $100 per hour for 9 hours. Not to bad.

5. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I charge min of $ 65 or more per hour depending on job.

6. Andyinchville2

Andyinchville2 LawnSite Member

For general labor without power tools we charge $25/man hr....

7. Ken Kesey

Ken Kesey LawnSite Member
    from Here

Depends on your overhead and desired profit.

Never go by what anyone else charges because they have different costs than you thus charge a different price.

8. absolutelawnman

absolutelawnman LawnSite Member

A very large company here charges $70/3 man crew for bed maintinance and ground preparation. The landscaping is done at 3 times the cost of materials. However, his labor for employees is $6.50 an hour, highest paid employee is $11 and has worked for him for 7 years, part of the H2b program.

9. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had several landscaping jobs before and I've charged $75-$90 depending on the job.. ie) sod installation, walkways, patios, retaining walls.

I pay my guys AT LEAST $11 - $13/h.. I mean, comon you gotta be pay them decent inorder to get the work done.. SO FAR these guys are very good and I'm happy..Thats $11-13CDN :p

As far as maintenance goes, I get $60-70 per hour for 2 man crew or by myself.. I usually bring a 2nd person in to make the job easier! I dont mind making 45-50 or even 40/h with the extra help, its worth it!

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: