1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Landscape Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by gmenvirolawns, Aug 15, 2006.

1. gmenvirolawns

gmenvirolawns LawnSite Member
    from TN

I,ve been maintaining properties off of pick up trucks for a while now. I have 2 Chevrolet 2500s and I am now wanting to upgrade to a landscape truck. I am looking for some ideas on what to look for. Anything will help

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Well depends on what you want, You've got the cab overs (im not a huge fan), you have your 3500's, F-450-550's, then you have the medium duties

3. gmenvirolawns

from TN

I probably dont want to go any larger than a 450. I need a large enough truck to have a bed with a dove tail on it. Is this a possibility with that size truck

4. gmenvirolawns

from TN

I already have 2 2500s I want bigger

5. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I personaly would go get a F-550 XLT, diesel, 4x4, extended cab with 12' landscape dump. Which I think is a great "starter" since you get a great dump truck and it has lots of power to it. If you want an enclosed box truck look at Super Lawn Trucks (SLT). You can get a dove tail truck if you want a flatbed type truck or enclosed not a dump though.

BTW A F-450 & F-550 are pretty much the same truck just the F-550 has more springs which is better. There are NO differences betweent the two trucks besides that and just a slight price change.

6. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

jazak I agree with you, but if you want to go a little smaller, I would go with a Ford F450 12' Landscape Dump