1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

landscapebed on 1500???

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Lance L, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Lance L

Lance L LawnSite Senior Member

im thinking of buying a used 1990 chevy 4x4 1500 sport for my work truck(good deal someone i know)... id rather not pull a trailer i see alot of 3500's or cutaway vans with the landscaping beds on them i didnt know if this would handle the weight im not sure what they weigh but i was thinking airbags would help out not plannin on loadin it up maybe a 44" ztr and 2 21's or maybe a wb instead of the ztr... would it handle it? or should i just stay with a trailer...? thanks

2. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

trailer. what you're suggesting is WAY to much of a pain, and on a 1500 that would be a fair load.

as long as storage isn't a prob, you'll love the trailer.

3. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know what your finances are but this would be the truck for you. about:blankhttp://adcache.trucktraderonline.com/4/6/7/

If you're wanting to do mods like that I think you'd be better off with at least a 3/4ton diesel of some sort.

How much is the truck? How much is it going to cost you for the modification? Upgrades to the 1/2ton suspension, like you mentioned. I'm sure you could get a nice trailer for that same price, if you don't already have one.