Landscapers In The News

JimLewis

LawnSite Fanatic
Wow. A lot of landscapers in the news lately.

HERE we have a story of a guy who works as a foreman for a landscape company in Fort Collins, CO and is allegedly one of the hackers in the Anonymous network.

In another tragic and horrible story HERE, this guy in CA who was the owner of a landscaping / tree company gets sucked in head-first into a chipper machine. Holy crap! That's horrible!

Then we got THIS GUY who is apparently one of America's most wanted sexual predators and is a landscaper, by trade.

HERE is another landscaper who got into an accident with a wood chipper and lost his hand.

Then HERE we have a story about a landscaper who caught a guy stealing his blower off his truck and tried to stop him and the thief ran the landscaper over.

Then, to top it all off, some dipstick landscaper in Kansas is apparently hooked up with Casey Anthony and shared some topless photos of her. STORY HERE. Yah, that's a good idea. Let's hook up with a psychopath who murdered her young daughter, stuck her in a pastic bag, put her in the back of her car, and dumped her dead body in the woods just a few blocks from her house. Who cares about all that? She was just wrongly accused, right?

Dang! Some landscapers got issues! Can we stop making headlines, people!!!

(I obviously got too much time on my hands today. LOL. Hey, it's winter rules. We have to find something to occupy our time and talk about on Lawnsite!)

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
Dang Jim, havin's a dark day are we? LOL

The second guy didn't lose his hand in a chipper. The story says it was a log splitter. OUCH!

I really can't see how that would have happened if he had been paying even the slightest bit of attention to what he was doing, because normally the controls are far enough from the wedge, and located at the head of the hydraulic cylinder (for the ram end of the splitter) that you have to really try to reach it, to be able to get you hand in between it and the wood that you are splitting, to cut it off.

ralph02813

LawnSite Bronze Member
Wow. A lot of landscapers in the news lately.

HERE we have a story of a guy who works as a foreman for a landscape company in Fort Collins, CO and is allegedly one of the hackers in the Anonymous network.

In another tragic and horrible story HERE, this guy in CA who was the owner of a landscaping / tree company gets sucked in head-first into a chipper machine. Holy crap! That's horrible!

Then we got THIS GUY who is apparently one of America's most wanted sexual predators and is a landscaper, by trade.

HERE is another landscaper who got into an accident with a wood chipper and lost his hand.

Then HERE we have a story about a landscaper who caught a guy stealing his blower off his truck and tried to stop him and the thief ran the landscaper over.

Then, to top it all off, some dipstick landscaper in Kansas is apparently hooked up with Casey Anthony and shared some topless photos of her. STORY HERE. Yah, that's a good idea. Let's hook up with a psychopath who murdered her young daughter, stuck her in a pastic bag, put her in the back of her car, and dumped her dead body in the woods just a few blocks from her house. Who cares about all that? She was just wrongly accused, right?

Dang! Some landscapers got issues! Can we stop making headlines, people!!!

(I obviously got too much time on my hands today. LOL. Hey, it's winter rules. We have to find something to occupy our time and talk about on Lawnsite!)
Okay Jim time to take a break and have a :drinkup:

ralph02813

LawnSite Bronze Member

ralph02813

LawnSite Bronze Member
Time to start a whole new section called "Jim's winter rules" lol. What a world, eh? And all right there at a click of the mouse! Beer me.
You got It!

AL Inc

LawnSite Bronze Member
Don't forget one of Long Island's most famous serial killers/ landscapers, Joel Rifkin, convicted of killing 9 women, suspected to have killed as many as 17. Caught with a dead prostitute in the back of his landscaping truck:dizzy: