1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Landscapers Supply

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HMBOBO, Dec 17, 2002.

1. HMBOBO

HMBOBO LawnSite Member
    from MI

HAS ANYONE HEARD THE RUMOR ABOUT LANDSCAPERS SUPPLY
    FILING BANKRUCY? I THINK THEY HAVE CLOSED A COUPLE OF THE
    RETAIL STORES. I'M JUST CURIOUS. I HAVE ALLWAYS LIKED J THOMAS MUCH BETTER, BUT IT'S NICE TO HAVE MAILORDER OPTIONS.

2. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

That is an affirmative.

3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i believe you can do mail orders with jthomas now cant you??
    also can you PLEASE take off the caps?????

4. If this is true its no surprise. I ordered from them 3 times in the past. Never had one order go smooth. Customer service was terrible.

5. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

It was inevitable. Ordered from the once, then never again.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Dang, I will miss them. I got my last shipment of 20.5" Gator Magnums for 9 bucks a piece. Looks like it's back to buying them locally for $16.

7. Markus

Markus LawnSite Member

Richard i agree with you, i used them now for 4yrs and never had one Problem, saved me many dollars.......Marks Mowing Service

8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

This probably explains why some new, unknown company has been advertising cheap deals on Landscaper supply mowers under another name and different color paint. I wonder if LS sold off their old Blackrock mower company before they declared bankrupcy.:confused:

9. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I would only buy select things from LS, however what I did buy from them, I was very happy with as far as the product and costs went. I bought blades, oil, grease, and filters. Learned through a friend NEVER to buy belts from them.

10. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I've had good luck with them also. And good prices. I also bought a Black Rock mower from them about 5 years ago. I still have it, and it's still a good piece of equipment, and makes a great cut.