1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Landscaping on Long Island

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by landscapetastic, Jun 21, 2012.

1. landscapetastic

landscapetastic LawnSite Member
    from ny

Hi,

I am from Eastern Suffolk County , Long Island NY. I am looking to expand into other new towns. Currently I work Wading River - Port Jeff. If you are from LI can tell me the best towns in Eastern Suffolk County where I might get the most customers if I advertise door to door with fliers.

2. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

If I knew where they were I would be putting my flyers there instead of telling you.

What I do know is that it's hard to add customers after Memorial Day. Though I put out flyers yesterday.

So keep on working an ever longer radius from your home. It's a hit and miss process.

Don't you think that every landscaper knows where all the rich people live? There are no hidden pockets of rich people waiting for you to come a long.

And because they are rich is no gaurantee that they will not be cheap bastards and bitches expecting to pay you as if you were their employee rather then as a business owner.

3. limaint

limaint LawnSite Member
    from NY NY

Higher end homes = more work, more expectations, more issues, less profit.

4. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Only if you low ball.

5. chuck@nri

chuck@nri LawnSite Member

Work suckS now, economy sucks now, poor years for me. Been in it a while, hoping and praying new president will change it all
    good luck
    keep knocking on those doors