Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by DBLC, Dec 31, 2003.
does any one have a copy of a landscaping warranty, coving tree and shrubs. 30-90 days. THANKS!
ONE GROWING SEASON LIMITED WARRANTY
Evergreens, shrubs, trees, and vines, Installed by " ", are guranteed at 100% of the purchase price for ONE GROWING SEASON: The conditions are as follows:
-We do not give cash refunds.
-If prices have increased the customer will be responsible for the difference.
-Be sure plants are DEAD.
-Plants dead from LACK OF CARE or from acts of nature are not guranteed
-Roses,bulbs, annuals, and ground covers are not guaranteed.
Check your state law. If you sell shrubs in some states including mine you have to guarante them for one growing season. Although most customers dont know that.
If someone purchases tree from you at say $25 it dies but the new price is $50 they have to pay you the difference?
Do people actually go for that?
This question usually comes down to how bad you want peoples repeat business or the cost of the tree that died. I limit my replacements to one occurence per plant and that does not include perennials, grasses, or transplants.
Are you really going to haggle with a good customer over whether their 2G shrub is 'dead' or 'barely alive'. Just replace it!
If the tree was worth some serious coin I hope you stopped by when they called and said it doesn't look ok and what should I do. You will then have to explain about watering new plantings again, or their dog peeing and chewing on the new plant, or the chemicals they used to powerwash thier deck taking its toll.
Do any of you guys acturally assume that every tree or shrub you plant is going to live? Odds are against that, no matter how hard you try.
I get calls about two or three Junipers or PJM rhodies dying and I tell the cleint thats great! I would rather replace those than the laceleaf maple. I'll see you in a couple weeks with replacements.
I agree with jwholden
As to your question yes they would pay the difference but I have only enforced that rule like once or twice. Its basically just in there for safety purposes. One time we used it is We got a great deal on Jap Maple so I talked the customers into buying it because it was a good deal for them. Well it died, when they wanted it replace I reminded them that the one I sold them I gave them a deal on because I got a good deal on it. They had no problem with that. But usually I would not enforce it.
As a general rule I add three pecent to the cost of plant installation just to cover plants that I have to replace. I think most guys do. Good Luck
Will not replace it if customers fault period. We give them detailed instructions about watering and chemicals, dogs, parking near them etc. The problem I had with replacing them was they never wanted the same kind of tree or bush. after it had been in a couple of months it would start to wilt, leave a note on door water tree keep checking and it would always be dry. Then I get the call the tree is dead. OK I will be out, get there and its been watered like 5 min. before Try and explain that it was becouse they did not water it. Yes we did it wet now, no yes,no and here are the dated picture we took showing how dry it really was on all these days.Well you said you would guarentee the tree but we would really like to change it to! Sorry you voided the warrenty you signed. But if it was a good customer or bad tree or something I did I would replace it with out being called. I try to keep track of what we have done so as to avoid problems.
Here are two quotes from this post.
"Whatever your warranty policy is, it has to be figured into your price. You have to think like an insurance company. Plants that rarely die, you don't have to add much. Plants that often fail 30 40 % of the time or are larger than should be used, or are marginal varieties have to have a larger markup for warranty. A lot of that depends on you knowing the plants for your area."
"We warranty all plant materials for the first growing season. But our contracts are very specific that the client has to water and care for the plant properly otherwise the warranty is voided. We get maybe 2% that die, if the client waters them properly. We install them correctly and install deep root slow release fertilizer in each plant or tree. So the only thing the client really has to do for that first year is just make sure it gets watered."
HERE IS WHAT WE DO FEEL FREE TO PIRATE IT
JVS Landscaping, Inc. guarantees all plant material, sodding, seeding and workmanship, subject to the following conditions:
· JVS Landscaping, Inc. warrants all labor and material for a period of thirty (30) days from the date of completion of work, unless otherwise stated or an Extended Warranty is purchased. This limited warranty extends to Owner and is not transferable.
· JVS Landscaping, Inc. will provide replacements as stated above on a one-time basis only at the request of the Owner, at no charge to the Owner except for supportive warranty for actual or consequential damages resulting from "an act of God", excessive weather conditions (extreme cold/drought, etc.), soil conditions, abuse, vandalism, insufficient/improper watering, poor drainage, salt damage, herbivorous animals, insect damage or disease, plants supplied by JVS Landscaping, Inc. and installed by Owner, plants supplied by Owner and installed by JVS Landscaping, pre-existing plants relocated by JVS Landscaping, Inc. or Owner, plants installed by JVS Landscaping, Inc. and relocated by Owner or any other factors beyond the control of JVS Landscaping.
· Perennial and annual bulb planting warranty will not be extendable.
· Any warranties given by manufacturers pertaining to materials used by JVS Landscaping, Inc. will be passed through and inure to the benefit of Owner.
· There is no implied warranty of merchantability nor any implied warranty of fitness for any particular purpose.
· There are no warranties either express or implied beyond the description within this section.
· Warranties will not be honored or in effect unless JVS Landscaping, Inc. has been paid in full for said amounts of contract.
· JVS Landscaping, Inc. offers a 100% guarantee on turf establishments for its installations; however, the Company insists that seeding and sodding be completed in season with a variety of seed that JVS Landscaping, Inc. decides suits the environment the best.
· JVS Landscaping, Inc. guarantees all parts and workmanship of its installed irrigation systems and outdoor lighting for ninety (90) days from installation completion.
· Under no circumstances will JVS Landscaping, Inc. refund money in lieu of our warranty(ies).
JVS Landscaping, Inc. offers an optional Extended warranty for all of our jobs, except for perennial and annual bulb plantings. Our Extended Warranty coverage may be as comprehensive as you like. Please ask your Sales Person for details or call our office.materials deemed necessary (soil amendments and drainage, for example) and labor. Please note, however, that JVS Landscaping, Inc. is not liable under this limited standard
PERFECT REPLIES!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seems like you really CYA well. You warrant everything, and yet nothing.... and extended warranty - its not a car or piece of eletrical equipment thats going to fail. On the other hand, I do not know many who warrant sod.