• LawnSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again LawnSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of LawnSite will experience a major upgrade later this week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue..

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit LawnSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow LawnSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, LawnSite Team

Larger mulch Job

Reed Landscaping

LawnSite Member
Went to look at a large mulching and weeding job today and oh boy this is a head scratcher!! I walked the areas where the home owner wanted to weed and mulch the beds and measured out around 26 yards. The beds have a great amount of weeds and they need to be re defined.
Talking to the homeowner I told her it would be $95 a yard and she gave me that look... She then went the route well what if we bought the material and you just threw the mulch and did the weeding. What y’all think about the rate and is this something just to pass on?

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
I'd be perfectly fine on that at $80 x 26 estimated yards. As long as they brought the material and dropped it where I told them to. Extra time charge for extra material moving. With weeding and definition of probably be closer to $110 a yard to begin with. And I'm usually a cheaper one on here.

OP
R

Reed Landscaping

LawnSite Member
Closing my eyes and hoping the weeds are gone when I open them!! Hahaha.. It’s in a rural area and $100 + a yard isn’t happening because people just won’t pay. That’s why I’m thinking $95 to get as much as possible and if they don’t bite then just move onto to the next bid.

Youngandfree

LawnSite Silver Member
Closing my eyes and hoping the weeds are gone when I open them!! Hahaha.. It’s in a rural area and $100 + a yard isn’t happening because people just won’t pay. That’s why I’m thinking $95 to get as much as possible and if they don’t bite then just move onto to the next bid.
What do you pay for mulch? I can get dyed for $30 and natural for $22/yard. I charge $110 & $100/yard to provide and spread. That leaves $65-$70 for labor and profit. That doesn't account for bed prep. I don't know how much weeding there is to be done. But you will have to cover those areas twice basically. Weeding then hauling and spreading mulch. I'd still be close to your $95/yard with customer providing the mulch. I'm not sure your strategy for weeding, but a weed hoe that looks like s stirrup on a stick goes fairly quickly.