Laser edge eversharp blades

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by MowDaddy, May 23, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    MowDaddy

MowDaddy LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly.
    We are cutting grass, not shaving tender area's ;)

Cam15, 13Razorbackfan and sjessen like this.
  2. BackCreekLLC

BackCreekLLC LawnSite Member

After almost a month more on the blades, can we get an update? Still sold on the blades?

Cam15 likes this.
  3. 13Razorbackfan

13Razorbackfan LawnSite Silver Member

After some videos I've seen with a couple guys, one I really trust in "Blades of Grass Lawncare", I'm sold on them. Wish they had them for any of my JD'S or Snapper pro. Blades of grass a a good update video on them and he's cutting centipede in a very sandy part of the country

Mark Oomkes and Cam15 like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    MowDaddy

Yes 100%, still have never sharpened them, lost track of acreage since installed but somewhere north of 140 acres. Still cuts like new blades.
    Next time I'm under mower I will pull blades off and try and get good pic's of blades. I would never go back to regular blades again.

5. Mac-s Lawn & Snow

Mac-s Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

@MowDaddy what's the verdict on these blades after a season of mowing. Did you end up having to sharpen them? Will they need to be freshened up in the spring? Any plans to update more mowers in the fleet with them? Even if they did need to be sharpened once in the season it seems any extra cost outweighs the time weekly sharpening takes. I can't remember did you have these on in the spring/early summer when the grass is really growing here.

MowDaddy, hort101, Cam15 and 2 others like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    MowDaddy

I did sharpen blades once in the late summer/fall at some point. Mainly because they had some pretty good gouges from rocks and misc crap.
    The blade tips were also just starting to get a slight rounding so figured a touch up wouldn't hurt.
    Definitely putting them on all the mowers. The 52s take a lot more use and abuse than my 72" so I'm guessing I will need to sharpen those about once per month.
    One thing I did notice with the hard edge, sharpening barely took off any metal. Just the hard leading edge needed grinding.