• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

laser printer

James Cormier

LawnSite Bronze Member
Anyone using laser printers for invoices? I got a nice printer-scanner-copier that I use for all my printing but my invoices are done on real green forms so I don't need the color ink.

Ive read that a laser printer will go faster use less ink and in the long run be cheaper than ink jet.

Ive been pricing out printers and It seems like 400-600 is the price range for these.

any thoughts?

of course I would keep the other printers I have and only use the laser for high speed black & white printing

TheGrassGuy

LawnSite Member
You should get a better price than that on a laser printer in the US. I picked up a HP Laserjet 1000 last year for $300 Canadian. I think they have a newer model now. It is faster and cheaper than an inkjet per page. Good print quality but not made for graphics. I am very pleased with it. I have used about 2000 pages so far without having to replace the toner.

OP
James Cormier

James Cormier

LawnSite Bronze Member
laserjet and laser are they the same thing?

Cause i see laserjets are cheaper so i thought they where not real laser printer?

TSM

LawnSite Senior Member
laser and laserjet are the same, i think?

We use an older HP laserjet 1200 series, fast (yet i do believe it is one of the slower HP series printer)

$279 for color...thats a great deal. color lasers have been coming down in price

OP
James Cormier

James Cormier

LawnSite Bronze Member
From what ive read the cheaper "color lasers" are not true laser printers, so there's not much difference between them and what I got, I love my HP PSC500, it just seems like i am always at staple buying those dam print cartidges

get rich

LawnSite Member
I just bought a great brand new four in one printer off e-bay for about 150 including shipping. HP PSC 2210 ALL IN ONE. Works great for me. E-BAY is full of great deals if you can find em, and watch em.

Ric

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by ksland
I bought a COLOR Laser printer for $279, yes thats right $279 brand new at staples.

ksland

My default printer is a Brothers laser and my back up is a HP Desk jet. I love the speed of the laser and the fact I can load 250 pages at a time. If I want to print in color I just select the HP Ink jet.

Now space is always important so one printer would be better. Also Laser ink does not smear like ink-jet when it gets wet. So the question is what model Laser do you have and what kind of Graphics do you get. $ 279.00 is cheap enough for a color laser.