1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

last cut of season

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by simsy71, Nov 13, 2005.

1. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

Hey how do you guys handle this. This is for the few customers who do not want a Fall cleanup. They usually have alot of leaves so when I do a last cut I take care of most of the leaves that are there. I just double what I charge them per cut. I mean they are not getting a Fall cleanup but it pretty damn close.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I would just blast through them and charge for the cut...simple as that.

3. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

bnlow the leaves into the beds and cut it.

4. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

They want fall clean up, and you just gave it too them! I have a real hard time with this no fall clean up. I just do not get it. All of our mowing accounts have had 3 to 4 "cuts" since the leaves have began to fall. We clean up the leaves and mow all at the same time. Only difference than a normal mowing is we do it at T&M rather than the normal ( and lower ) price. And then add a dump fee if we need to remove debris from the property. Never had no one ask us not too do it, everyone pays, and we would never skip the last 4 mowing's just because of leaves. Clean them up and charge them for it. Call it a fall mowing if they do not want a "clean up".