1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Last stripes of 2002 for the 21"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimbo, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought everyone would get a kick out of a neighbors mowing job. He is selling his place and decided to put some angled stripes on the lawn to spruce it up (curb appeal).
    I think he must have got the idea from watching the World Series.

Jim

img_0055.jpg

2. Jimbo

It looks alot worse up close, but from my back window photo you get the idea. You can tell his not a pro because he left the grass on the side walk VS blowing it into the street.

:p

3. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Yikes. The least he could have done was make them straight lines!

:cool:

4. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

that mower must weigh 4 tons from the ruts it left

5. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

I hope that you blew that side walk down when you were done.

Scott :blob2:

6. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Looks to me like is cut it with the turf very damp and cut it at the max height.

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Former Moderator

Besides the grass left on the sidewalk, what would make this yard look better?

From the picture, that front looks pretty small. Would a ZTR make it look better?

I ask this because our back yard looked like this. And we never used anything bigger than a 21 on it.
    And those aren't ruts. What that is, is very thick healthy grass. And I guarantee that it is cut at a high setting. So what happens is, the grass is so thick and cut high that when the wheel runs it over it smashes the grass down temporarily.

I would take that lawn as my own. With straighter lines it would look good.

8. Jimbo

Stange thing was that the grass shouldnt have been very damp....cold but not damp. It was cut yesterday, and has been dry around here for at least 2 days.
    The line down the middle is strange though...must be the blade bolt or something??

He's not an LCO so I should give him a break I guess. My wife thinks I am crazy because I took this photo. She thinks I am grass crazy or something.

Jim

9. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I think it would look decent if the lines were straight and the surfaces blown off.

10. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I bet it was cut with self-propelled rear drive, by the looks of the deeper lines every other pass.

Want me to guess what brand?:D