1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

lava rock install, help on price

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by midlandlawncare, Jan 25, 2006.

1. midlandlawncare

midlandlawncare LawnSite Member

I have a customer that needs 4 cu. yd. of lava rock installed. There is pine straw in place of it at the moment , this needs to be removed and the rock installed , most prices i have got on lava by the yard are around $100.00 per cu . yd.What would be a good estimate of the total price of the job?considering the rock , landscape cloth installed , and the pinestraw removed ? thank you.:waving:

2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

1200 thanks have fun

3. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

usually price lava rock at 5 times the cost per yard of mulch, so around 250/yd installed, plus removal of old stuff and PITA factor for working with rock. So like was posted earlier, around $1200 sounds good to me. I would bump the customer to say $1450 and see if they squirm, if not then I just pocketed an extra $250.

p.s. unloading rock from the back of a truck sucks, so does shoveling it up if it is delivered into a big pile in the driveway.

4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmmm... I didn't realize they had any volcanoes in GA. :p