1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Lavin Landscaping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mlavin73, Jul 10, 2011.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

2. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

got mine at the home depot

3. mlavin73

mlavin73 LawnSite Member

Yes it is the 13 hp Honda. You're right about it being a little heavy on hills. I think they have a self propelled unit now (they always come out with something better after I buy something). I was kicking around buying the cart you attach to the zero turn so you can drive it around out front of my mower. I have a few yards where I think it would be beneficial. I think I will hold off on buying more equipment until I go back to full time with it.

4. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice all orange.

5. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

Your "part time" setup is nicer than me "full time" setup haha very nice stuff!

Yeah I'm getting that way too. I can't even keep both trailers at my house anymore I have to leave one at my buddies place.

6. mlavin73

mlavin73 LawnSite Member

7. mlavin73

mlavin73 LawnSite Member

Here's the dump trailer I use for my spring / fall cleanups. It's a 6 X 10. My father in law and I built a plate to mount my Billy Goat Leaf Vac on the tongue. I didn't want the unit going up when dumping. So far it's worked out great.

Dump Trailer.jpg

8. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a massive leaf sucking machine.

9. mlavin73

mlavin73 LawnSite Member

It's really not. I think it's only an 11hp or 16hp machine. It gets the job done, but I really think I would classify this as an entry level leaf vacuum. There are definetly much more powerful machines on the market. It does a great job chopping the leaves up and it fits quite a pile of leaves in there. I had to build this setup because one the accounts I maintained a few years ago was for a nearby lake community that I had to clean-up 2.5 miles of roadside leaves. Barrels / rakes and blowers just weren't cutting it!

10. mlavin73

mlavin73 LawnSite Member

Decided my goal for this year is to start carrying around a camera. I need to redo my website since I haven't done anything with it since 2007. Glad to finally be out mowing again...didn't think the grass was ever going to start growing this year. Also a pic of my new shirts.

IMG_20130501_100931.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4321.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_20130426_102913.jpg

IMG_20130501_125418.jpg

IMG_4327.jpg