1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

lawn aeration bidding

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassRoots Landscaping, Apr 22, 2001.

1. GrassRoots Landscaping

GrassRoots Landscaping LawnSite Member

First, let me say that I have a nice contract with a 20 acre retirement village.

Next, Acute Cut and I did a core aeration of the front yards and will use a hooker aerator to finish up on the backs. All together, there will be about 5 acres that will be serviced.

Since this contract is my bread and butter, what is a more than fair price?

Thanks for your input.

2. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

type of equipment are you using?

How many man hours?

How much do you charge an hour? (x manhours) = price

If you think its unreasonable lower it some, that parts up to you.

Do you want a fair price in your eyes for you or a fair price for the customer in their eyes for them??

Your in business for a reason!!

Good Luck!

3. GrassRoots Landscaping

GrassRoots Landscaping LawnSite Member

We used 2 blue bird core aerators and put in 8 man hours. For the hooker aerating I'll be using my 27 hp Exmark LC pushing a Jerico hooker aerator It's 36" wide and I'll go over it a few times to get the best coverage. Probably will put in about 20 more hours to do the back yards and park.

I'd like a price that's somehow between looking good to me and good to them.

Thanks again.

4. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

With those figures (using your manhours....)

Depending on where you are and what your market will bear:

(I've seen people charge anywhere from $25-$100 per man hour for aeration and dethaching)

@$25 = about $750

@$100 = about $3000

Its really all on you. Figure out what the job costed (I know its not a word) you to complete, and then add on what you think may be fair for your profit.

Hope this helped a bit?? !