1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Aeration Sweepstakes on Facebook is doing good!

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by kirkmbrown2001, Aug 27, 2012.

1. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey all!

Just wanted to give you all an update on my Facebook Sweepstake's effectiveness as it is nearing the final 4 days to enter.

As I stated in my Facebook page thread (click here), I have added a Lawn Aeration Sweepstakes to my facebook page where I give 2 lucky winners a FREE lawn aeration service upto 1/2 an acre.

What I planned to get in return for running this promotion:
    1. Brand Recognition - Gain new customers through heavy marketing of the campaign
    2. More Facebook Likes - To enter and reveal my entry form, you must become a fan (like) of my page.
    3. Upsell Aeration to Non-Winners - Many who have entered have already scheduled lawn aeration services even if they do not win
    4. Upsell all services in general

I can honestly say that I have achieved all of those above "benefits" with confidence even before my promotion has ended.

I have:
    • picked up a few new customers that have purchased various serviced as a result from this promotion.
    • gained many new facebook page "likes" from this promotion (16 to be exact) from both current and new customers.
    • scheduled many aeration services as a result of this campaign.
    • sold a couple of other services as a result from this promotion.

To see how a visitor enters our sweepstakes, I have made a short video tutorial that can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX9-Z0vSoUw&feature=g-upl

To view my sweepstakes, go here: http://a.pgtb.me/dfj0

Has anyone else had success like me running a promotion similar to mine?