• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Lawn application production goals

Joe Mittler

LawnSite Member
We currently treat 400 lawns. We curently use lesco spreaders and 200 gallon sprayers for herbicide. What are your production goals for a day. I realize lawn size and travel distance between accounts is a big factor. How many hours do you consider a day. What is your average billing in a day? How many accounts serviced? About how much square footage.

Lazer

LawnSite Bronze Member
Mount sprayers right to your spreaders and you'll save time over pulling a hose.<p>To answer your question:<br>I think $1,000/day and 300,000 sq. ft. would be a decent residential 8 hr. production day. Add 1-2 hours for loading/shutdown.<p>30 lawns w/ 1 tech.

steven Bousquet

LawnSite Member
we work on $1000-1,200 per day spraying between 120,ooo-160,000 ft per day. Ganular 200,000-300,000 ft per day.for $1200-1800 per. we don't chage per app we charge for the seasons prgram, but those are the numbers we look for. our avg lawn is 16,000 ft. with 5 apps.

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic
How fast can you drive? How close together are the lawns? We plan on about 150,000 sq ft--about 15 lawns of 10,000 sqft each.
Same here Riggle. About 150k per day. The more customers you have the tighter your routes. We shoot for 140-160K. That's about all that can be done on the spray apps. Could do more on the spread apps... and I dowhen on the PG.As soon as we catch up from all the rain we had, we'll get enough done to have a 3 day weekend every now and then.When I worked for chemlawn we'd do 25-30 lawns a day. That was in Little Rock and the lawns were smaller on average and the routes much tighter. I cover an entire county now.

myers611

LawnSite Member
In my opinion 15 lawns at an average of 10,000 square feet is not even a work day. My best guy will do that by 11:00 a.m. and he is extremely particular, very conscientious and very thorough. He won't miss a weed and won't cut a corner. He does about 300,000 square feet per day and is back at the shop by 2:30, usually with a new customer signed up and a check in the truck.