1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lawn application test

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RYAN, Mar 28, 2000.

1. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

I am getting ready to take the test to apply lawn chemicals. Does anyone out there have any reading they would suggest to help me study. I went to the library but didn't find much. All suggestions welcome.<p>Great website!<br>

2. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

In IN, you get a study packet when you sign up for the program. If you know what they give out, you can pass the test. Check with licensing authority in your state about this.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana

3. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

RYAN<br>I just took the app. test in Ga., get your states study manuels and read several times.<br>the core test was easy to me ,but the sub cat<br>T&O was hard,I think I blew it this time,will retest if I have to.<br>Good Luck.

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Wisconsin has a 275 page manual for Turf and Landscape commercial pesticide applicators. The U of WI Ag Extension publishes it and it is very helpful. You can study by any combination of the book, a video and/or attend the 6 hour pre test training course which I just did. It is a good program. You have to read no matter what. Cost of book, course and test = $45.00 then after you pass its license for $50.00. Certs good for 5 years, licence for 1. Good Luck.

5. dbroome

dbroome LawnSite Member

hey dennis, i am from Ga and am going to take the test @ the end of this month. What types of questions are there. Specific (pest id? suggested pesticide app.?) thanks