1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lawn care agreement

Discussion in 'Lawn Care Business Management' started by ryan41, Jan 9, 2013.

1. TandCLandscape

TandCLandscape LawnSite Member

I have 300 of those sitting in my desk. Used them once. Was a good idea at the time to give an instant quote but now most people aren't home when I do my estimate and I end up emailing them anyway.

2. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

You are right, it is bad wording, for example in item D at the bottom it states "We are not responsible..." There is no definition of "We" although I assume you are reading to mean we is the lco, but might as well remove ambiguities up front

3. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Your saying you don't set up appts with your clients?

4. cpllawncare

I would have proposal also, it turns into an actual contract/agreement with yours and their signature. It's just a legality.

5. TandCLandscape

TandCLandscape LawnSite Member

Yes I do but sometimes it is hard to come up with the numbers on the fly. I don't want to keep the customer waiting while I measure the property and look at other things.

Some people also don't want to be bothered and just want the bottom line.

Don't get me wrong it is a nice form but it just doesn't work for me.

6. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

for a contract it requires a signature, so i don't see how you could do that through email?

7. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

It would be nice if i could customize it. I would change some of the text as you guys were talking about above. I didn't buy this like i said it just showed up in the mail. I just wanted to see what everyone thought of it!

8. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I think this is a good base for what I may use next year. Thanks for posting it up

9. cpllawncare

Dang, I've only been at this for five years and I can have a simple maintenance agreement price just by looking and doing a walkthrough at the property no need to measure anything. After you've measured 10 or so yards you can judge size by eyesight, beds and all. I will have a price before I leave the appt, I don't give prices without looking and if the owner doesn't care enough to sit down and discuss their needs with me it's not a customer I want anyway.

10. cpllawncare

With some tweaking it would be a good form to have, I like the layout myself but some tweaking IS in order.I'm sure whoever sent this to you could tweak it to your likes. I would investigate at the least.