• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Lawn care anniversary

kinneberg lawn service

LawnSite Senior Member
In March 2021 we will have entered the 10yr in business mark. Stated well before college but officially my 1st year in college. It's been quite a ride ups downs, mistakes made, valuable life lessons, and growth into something I am proud of.

Just wondering how others have celebrated?

Thinking of doing something such as a discount for new customers as part of marketing plan to help expand. Thinking something for current customers to thank them. We are a small business in a small town things are limited a bit. Thanks for all your thoughts.

hedgehog_MI

LawnSite Bronze Member
Congratulations. That there is a milestone. Have no clever ideas for you as to what to do, but consider yourself doing something right to last to the 10 year mark in todays dog-eat-dog (or as I call it Doggie-Dog) world.

hedgehog_MI

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thanks for the compliments feel like I am doing something right. Course with this covid crap this year has been a learning experience, sure we all can relate.
You know what, I think a handwritten "thank you" to your customers is the most genuine show of appreciation that you could do to let them know how important their continued support of you has been to your success. I'm dead serious. It does not have to be fancy card or nothing. Something that took time from you to do will tell them more than a 5% discount ever would.

snomaha

LawnSite Bronze Member
Congratulations on 10 years! Do you have employees? I would celebrate with them first, before doing anything for customers. I have always liked Southwest airlines approach to business - employees come first - if you take care of your employees, they will take care of your customers.

OP
kinneberg lawn service

kinneberg lawn service

LawnSite Senior Member
I am thinking doing hand written cards of some sort, maybe a magnet or something similar within my spring letters.Wont technically be 10 yrs until March. I dont have any employees with exception of a few family members helping sometimes as needed but much appreciated. May treat them anyway. Thanks for all the input, business has been interesting last few years.

RussellB

LawnSite Fanatic
When I hit my 10 years I purchased four really nice knives in wooden boxes. Had my company name and the name of the person I gave them to engraved on them. Both of my sons worked with me so they got one. I kept one for myself and gave the last one to my first customer. I thought he was going to cry. He put it on his fire place mantel and it's still there.