1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Care Books

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Expert Lawns, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I am reading a book on how to start and operate a small business. I just came across the section on "Ups and Downs". It is very interesting especially because they highlight seasonal business (lawn care, irrigation installers etc). I was just wondering if any of you have read or know of any books that focus on the lawn care/landscape industry.

2. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

Ive been in a never ending search for similar books as youre talking about, with no luck. Dont know if youve already read it but, "How to Win Friends & Influence People" is a great read. Its definately good for the " people " side of business.

3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I'll look into it moguy. I have read books stemming from "Do What You Are" (a book about finding your interests and hobbies, and turning them into a career) and also "Idiot's Guide To Running A Small Business" I wish there were more tailored to the green industry.

4. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

There is also a contractor book to The E Myth series. Its a short read at only 118 pages but, still has a lot of helpful info.

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Yes, if you can, read the E-myth book.