1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

lawn care business across the street blew grass onto street and left?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ready to Mow, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Ready to Mow

Ready to Mow LawnSite Silver Member

This just irks me because it makes it look like I did it. I just picked up a new customer who's very happy with my work and I do more than one account for him. Anyways this crew pulls up and does a yard across the street from my customer and doesn't blow the street off, then one of the guys blows a bunch of grass off his trailer right in front of the yard that's next to mine. I think he was blowing the grass off of his mower deck.

I mean really? Just because it's about to storm doesn't mean you need to do a crappy job? I know next week when I come by I'm knocking on the door of that house and telling them what that crew did. Were they just banking on the rain washing it away? No wonder some of these guys only charge $25 bucks they're in and out in 10 minutes and don't care what it looks like...... Idiots.

2. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Senior Member

why didn't you go approach the guys? if he's blowing it off right in front of your service property, you need to be calling him out right then and there. did they have any signs for their business on the vehicles? Give them a call, be polite, but it sounds to me like they're pulling a douchey move intentionally.

I wouldn't go tattle tale as the homeowner likely won't give a crap. It's nothing to do with what they charge.

3. Ready to Mow

I didn't notice until they drove off.

4. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

It could very well be emplyees being emoyees

sjessen likes this.
  5. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

If you give his customer's grass back to his customer (via your blower) I bet they wont do that again.

13Razorbackfan likes this.
  6. Ready to Mow

It would just get blamed on me most likely.

primerbulb120 likes this.
  7. primerbulb120

primerbulb120 LawnSite Member

I have a similar issue where the service next door is mowing with their discharge pointing at my customer's yard. They are leaving 4 inch Bahia clippings in my customer's Zoysia yard. I told the customer and he is going to call them out on it.

8. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Bronze Member

You have 2 options. Go blow it back in their yard, or move on with life. Not your lawn, not your problem. Getting all riled up about it will get you no where.

9. flybynite

flybynite LawnSite Senior Member

I stopped next to a guy discharging the grass in the road. Literally had dust blowing in my face. He stopped and shut the mower off. I asked him if he was a moron and he had that dumb look on his face.

44DCNF and marcusmac99 like this.
  10. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Florida

I'm starting to think a black cloud just hovers over you.