1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Care Customer Asking Me To Dig A Hole For Their Animal?

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by Joana Williams, Dec 3, 2019.

1. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Gold Member

I was asked to dig a hole for a "departed" dog. But it was a big dog, very big. I think maybe a Burmese Mountain Dog. The dog used to scare the crap out of me every week, charging and barking. Considering the rocky soil around here, I had to pass on the job.

Maybe if it was a chihuahua...

2. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I’m honestly kind of surprised the guy that keeps making posts about mowing a cemetery hasn’t weighed in

3. MowDaddy

MowDaddy LawnSite Fanatic

I do a lot of freebies. Tues I snowblowed out a driveway for family that is having a rough time getting used to MN. They moved here from KY and are struggling. I help ppl when I can.

4. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

I am all for helping. I have enough friends so when a client calls or asks for help with a service I bill for I bill.

In this example a client asked their service provider for a service. If you want to do this job for free have at it. I might even do it for free depending on the client or dog. They would still see the charge on the invoice with a discount voiding the charge.

In your example you don't even offer that service and are truly just being neighborly. Which is much easier in a small town like yours. Too much attitude here in the city.

5. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Bronze Member