1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Care Website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Sabah, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Sabah

Sabah LawnSite Member

Hey Landscapers,

I have currently been working on a website for my lawncare business. I was wondering if maybe you guys can help me spice it up and let me know what it needs and what needs to be removed. It would be awesome if I can get a hand on this! Thank you.

http://www.creative-lawns.com

2. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

You'd get a better response to this thread in the digital marketing forum. Tony and Ben can give you some great advice. But I'll pick the low lying fruit...

Need to put your location and where you service
    The services page is empty, you need to fill that out asap.
    The request estimate button goes no where and should be near the top of the page instead of in the middle of everything.
    Definitely need some of your work in pictures, it makes your website look much better than stock photos.
    The facebook and twitter buttons should lead to your facebook/twitter

You've got a great start but definitely needs some work, especially if you want to stick out in Atlanta.

3. Sabah

Sabah LawnSite Member

Is there a way the thread can be moved there?

I'm working on Social Media atm, the service page is what I added today and got busy with other work so I didnt get a chance to add anything to it. As for the estimate button, I just got rid of it all. Having to much estimate buttons, and information around the website just seems unprofessional to me. You are completely right about the photos, I will be working on getting better photos.

I really appreciate your feedback!

Expreezy likes this.
  4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Calvin gave you a great list of advice. Looks like you've got a lot of work ahead of you and, to be blunt, there's really nothing there for us to review, so giving you feedback and a list of things to do is sort of just doing the work for you.

When it comes to what you think will work (Twitter) and won't work (information and estimate button), you're exactly backwards. If you haven't, I'd suggest going through your main keyword Page 1 results and look at what the top performing sites and companies are doing. It should come clear pretty quickly.

I'd also suggest following the advice in the recent thread, "How to learn..." and checking out those SEO resources.

I'd recommend working on your site and getting it in shape. You only have 20% of a site. Social media can be worked on when you need a breather, but I can assure you that you'll reap much greater rewards from your web site than you will a Twitter account.

Also, Facebook >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Twitter.

If the rest of your site build out follows the path of the home page, I'm afraid that having estimate buttons or no estimate buttons will not make any discernible difference. Right now, it doesn't particularly look like a "real" company's site.

Stock photos, clip art, and very broad (generic?) content, without any localization, isn't going to get the lead faucet flowing. (an area code in a phone number isn't localization)

Re: the email form, you might want to collect more than just an email. I'd also recommend punching up that call to action of "Looking for something in particular? Have one of our advisers reach out to you!". For me, it's a bit generic and cold and, as the site currently exists, I don't buy the plural.

Love to see what you put together, so feel free to ping when you've made some progress.

5. Sabah

Sabah LawnSite Member

LOVE the feedback. I will be working on the things you have pointed out. Will get back with you soon! REALLY do appreciate it!

6. Sabah

Sabah LawnSite Member

I have been working on it more on my free time, how does it look so far?

7. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

The lower half of your logo is cut off and not showing.

8. Sabah

Sabah LawnSite Member

Where at? I don't see anything missing. Can you take a screenshot and show me? Thank you!

9. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

Here is what I see, looks like the bottom half is cut off

Creative lawns.JPG

10. Sabah

Sabah LawnSite Member

Should be fixed now, it didn't show like that for me which is really weird. How does it look now?