1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

lawn care

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cjcland, Feb 11, 2000.

1. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

what exactly is a business plan i have been in business since june and i dont have one, i have some ideas and goals but nothing on paper, is there somewhere i can find a model of one, i would also like to say i have been looking for a sight like this for a while and im glad i found this, lots of great stuff

2. Nilsson Associates

Nilsson Associates LawnSite Member

I wrote a book on business planning for landscape companies. Here's a recap of the three sections of developing a Master Plan.<p>SALES PLAN (get the work)<p>. Service offering<br>. Competitive environment<br>. Selling technique<br>. Advertising<br>. Pricing<br>. Contract proposals<br>. Customer service/retention<p>PRODUCTION PLAN (do the work)<p>. Plant/facility<br>. Equipment<br>. Personnel<br>. Operating methods<br>. Quality control<br>. Work measurement<br>. Costing methods<p>MANAGEMENT PLAN (control outcomes)<p>. Business goals<br>. Accounting<br>. Taxation<br>. Evaluation of operations<br>. Regulations/legal<br>. Contingency plans<p>Business plans help you to visualize the business segments/departments and how each one is related to another. Over time, most folks would have to deal with each line item as shown above.<p>Nilsson Associates, Consultants<br>email Nilsson.Assoc@Snet.Net

3. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

thank you nilson, that is a big help