• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

lawn care

cjcland

LawnSite Senior Member
what exactly is a business plan i have been in business since june and i dont have one, i have some ideas and goals but nothing on paper, is there somewhere i can find a model of one, i would also like to say i have been looking for a sight like this for a while and im glad i found this, lots of great stuff

Nilsson Associates

LawnSite Member
I wrote a book on business planning for landscape companies. Here's a recap of the three sections of developing a Master Plan.<p>SALES PLAN (get the work)<p>. Service offering<br>. Competitive environment<br>. Selling technique<br>. Advertising<br>. Pricing<br>. Contract proposals<br>. Customer service/retention<p>PRODUCTION PLAN (do the work)<p>. Plant/facility<br>. Equipment<br>. Personnel<br>. Operating methods<br>. Quality control<br>. Work measurement<br>. Costing methods<p>MANAGEMENT PLAN (control outcomes)<p>. Business goals<br>. Accounting<br>. Taxation<br>. Evaluation of operations<br>. Regulations/legal<br>. Contingency plans<p>Business plans help you to visualize the business segments/departments and how each one is related to another. Over time, most folks would have to deal with each line item as shown above.<p>Nilsson Associates, Consultants<br>email Nilsson.Assoc@Snet.Net