Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question,
My dad(78yrs old) who lives hours away is letting a 15yr old cut his lawn.This kid obviously has no insurance or anything.If he gets hurt what can happen as far as legal problems for my dad?

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
ProLawns said:
I wouldn't rely on any answers to this question unless their from a lawyer.
Yep, and once a lawyer gets ahold of this question, you would really be shocked as to what the possibilities are for your Dad to be liable for. This kind of thing is just a really bad-bad idea.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
yea many people don't realize the liability...but that how i got started when I was 15 i think i had about 30 accounts

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
Jpocket said:
yea many people don't realize the liability...but that how i got started when I was 15 i think i had about 30 accounts
Yeah really, got started too young myself.
Thank goodness nobody really realized any of this back then.
Nor did I, as I was much younger than that.

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
idacurt said:
thanks all for the advice.Its hard for my parents on a fixed income to pay a genuine LCO,think im going to help them out with this.thanks again.
That would be mighty fine of you if you could. You might even be able to use the networking forum here to line up a pro in the area and work out some sort of reasonable solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.